Objects here and there! According to our careers we use different kinds of objects. Maybe you’ll find some familiar objects in your daily life.
Gimcrackery: ornamental objects of no great value.
– Sally bought some gimcrackery at the dollar store. Despite they are cheap ornaments the Christmas tree look gorgeous.
Girandola: an ornate candle holder; often with a mirror.
– My mother owns a pair of antique girandoles that once belonged to my great grandmother.
Gueridon: a small round table.
– This mahogany gueridon has been restored, and it’s beautiful.
Guestroom: a bedroom that is kept for the use of guests.
– The new furniture for the guest room just arrived.
Gabardine: -a loose coverall (coat or frock) reaching down to the ankles.
– He wore a mid-length gabardine and black slacks. He was very handsome; he took my breath away.
Gaiter: legging consisting of a cloth or leather covering for the leg from the knee to the ankle.
– Hunters often use camouflage gaiters on their hunting trips.
Galosh: a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow.
– Every single day as the storm lasted I wore a pair of black galosh.
Girdle: a woman’s close-fitting foundation garment.
– Nowadays women still wear girdles, it looks very uncomfortable.
Gown: a woman’s dress, usually with a close-fitting bodice and a long flared skirt, often worn on formal occasions.
– Her designer gown was spectacular with all those encrusted diamonds.
Gadget: a device or control that is very useful for a particular job.
– The 21st century is the era of new gadgets.
Gangsaw: a power saw that has several parallel blades making simultaneous cuts.
-A huge tree trunk can be cut in slices in just minutes using a gangsaw.
Gravimeter: a measuring instrument for measuring variations in the gravitational field of the earth.
– The company built a small prototype of a gravimeter.
Grinder: a machine tool that polishes metal. Machinery that processes materials by grinding or crushing.
– I give my husband a new grinder. He is an excellent craftsman.
Gasbag: the bag containing the gas in a balloon.
– If they continue inflating the gasbag, it will explode in no time.
Globe: the bag containing the gas in a balloon.
– Mrs. Connor using a globe showed the kids where was located Australia.
Gamp: Colloquial terms for an umbrella.
– The girls looked very pretty covering themselves from the rain with their pink plastic gamps.
Copyright © 2023 furnitureknowledges.com. All rights reserved.